Join our official Skyblock City Discord Server for the latest giveaways, events and more!

skyblock.city

Click to copy ip address!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denied DJDUDE9903's MOD application (v2)

Discussion in 'Denied Moderator Applications' started by DJDUDE9903, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJDUDE9903

DJDUDE9903 New Member

Applicant Questions

Minecraft Username:
    DJDUDE9903

Discord Username:
    DJDude#0890

born on the 9th of September 2003

The Netherlands

Timezone:
    CEST (central European summer time)

Language(s):
    since I am half dutch and half Hungarian I speak Dutch and Hungarian fluently. I currently go to an international school where we speak english, also fluently. In this school I am also currently learning French as well.

General Questions

Your skills:
    strengths:

communicative/ helpful:
    even without mod (and IRL), I like to talk to people and help them out if there is a way i can help them. I also generally like to talk to someone while doing something. This is a very useful skill for moderation because you constantly get asked questions, which I can and have to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Keyboard/typing: I have had a couple of years of experience with typing by now and am able to quickly reply to someone without having all too many typ-os. when there are many players playing on the server at once, there tend to be a lot of questions which have to be answered. fast typing is useful in these situations, so that you don't fall behind and miss some people.

MC Knowledge: I have had the pleasure of being able to play Minecraft for at least 5 years by now. So I know quite a bit about how this game works. when it comes to helping people out in the game this can be especially useful since some people are not as well informed about the game.

Learning: I am known to pick things up quickly, an am able to repeat learned things consistently. due to the fact that being a Mod is new to me I will have to learn a lot of new things about how things work and how to do certain things. fast learning is going to be a critical point here because

Weakness:

anger: If something angers me, than I can get quite angry about it, but in nearly all cases I cool down quite fast as well. This can get in the way of things, however I find it easy to fix this issue. Since I like to listen to music, I occasionally turn on the radio when I'm playing Minecraft. I feel that this will be absolutely necessary when/if I become a mod, this would allow me to stay calm and focused on the task at hand.

Why should we choose you?:
    I am a very active person who likes to talk to others. I enjoy playing MC, and when I do I'm in a happy mood, so other players wont be hearing all that much complaining from me when i'm playing. I know what it is like to have such a big role, because I have taken the role of leader many times before during many different projects. so I feel like Im up to the task. I also like to talk to people and interact with them, while doing so I don't have any issues like anxiety or being shy. I am able to talk to people easily because of my past experiences during out of school projects. This will be especially useful for a mod since the "Job description" includes talking actively. I am also well familiar with the given rules for this server, so I am able to help people understand and properly follow these rules. And because I know these rules I am also able to warn people if they are doing something wrong, or in cases where these types of things are ignored I am able to use my knowledge about these rules to give the right judgment. Since I go to a international school I have a lot of experience with doing things with people from different nationalities and cultures. This is especially useful because anyone who has Minecraft can play on this server. Anyone with different nationalities, ideas and opinions can play on this server. because I have a lot of experience with these kinds of people I know very well how to deal with them and help them out in the right ways without offending them. This is especially great in a multi-cultural community.

Previous experience/Are you currently a staff member on other communities?:
    I have not been a mod or any form of staff on any other server on mc this far.

However I do have a few experiences with being a leader. In the school that I go to we do a lot of projects in groups. a lot of the work that is associated with being a leader is mostly left for me to do. This includes the role of keeping people on track, contacting companies where it is needed. I do most of the communication work in all of these projects and have gained a lot of experience in talking to people that I am not familiar with. This experience allows me to easily communicate with the people around me, known or unknown.

As I have said before, I have been the group leader many times before during projects. This makes me the responsible one for keeping everyone on track. This includes me making sure that everyone is on task and doing their assigned jobs. Due to the fact that I have done this quite often before I know very well how to handle these kinds of situations where people are doing the wrong thing. to apply this on to the server basically the only thing that I would have to change is the things that I look at when making sure that people are not doing the wrong thing on the server.

Are you currently in employment or education?:
    I currently go to secondary school, a international one of course, so I have a lot of experience with people from different nationalities and ideas of things. my school will most likely not have an all to large impact on how much Minecraft that I play because I am always playing after I have done my work. This amount of work will not change drastically.

Availability:
    On weekdays I am nearly always online after 4:00pm, however, due to homework I am not very active until about 6-7pm. afterwards I like to be online to around 10pm to 11pm.

On Saturdays and Sundays I can be online from anytime to anytime, the time that I'm online basically depends on what I am doing during the day. however I am still active during the 10pm to 12pm time period (I do get enough sleep if your wondering).

Activity on the network:

Adventure realm

Since I have 'discovered' this server (SkyblockCity of course) I have been playing on it for most of my time. every once in a while my friend asks me to come play a bit on Hypixel but a lot of my time playing mc has been spent on this server.

Confirmation Questions

Do you have a microphone? This is REQUIRED:
    I have a build in mic on my laptop.

Can you record proof?:
    I am able to record anything that needs to be recorded with OBS or QuickTime Player.

Do you accept not to contact staff about your application?:

I am well aware that I should not contact any staff about my application and I will patiently wait for a reply.

Extra Questions

About yourself (optional):
    I am a very creative person, I like to make things (IRL that is). This makes me a bit different from the other guys in my class, but they are amazed by my creativity and what I can do/make. My IRL creativity does get transferred in to the things I do in mc, this I find mainly because I prefer building over pvp. I generally enjoy building for myself but also for other people, so I don't mind at all if someone asks me to build something for them that I can build but they can't (if anyone needs any building tips, feel free to come to me). I also play a musical instrument myself, the Saxophone. This can help as well for myself to stay calm, since I can sing/listen to the song that I can play in my head. I am also a big fan of music in general, although I do prefer Jazz and blues, but I do like the modern songs from Ed Sheeran or whoever.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. TheRealChaosYT

TheRealChaosYT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not an official review

There are a few I'S that need to be capitalized and would recommend that you add more details to Why should we choose you?:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    DJDUDE9903 likes this.
  3. DJDUDE9903

DJDUDE9903 New Member

Thanks for the tips, ill make those edits.

Edits have been completed at 17:10 CEST

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  4. Unorganize

Unorganize Member

Secondary Student
    iiUWU
    Add more to the about yourself section, which is not really optional, it is kind of like extracurriculars when applying to college, just try to think of anything that is positive but also relevant

DJDUDE9903 likes this.
  5. DJDUDE9903

DJDUDE9903 New Member

Thanks for the tip Unorganize, I will add some information

6. Lauren_Lawson

Lauren_Lawson Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello,

I am not going to review your application just yet, however, I am going to give you some advice so you can edit your application. If you successfully edit your application to meet these suggestions then I'll be able to move you to the interview stage! Note that I will officially review this application after 72 hours!

• Provide more information within the experience question. You could discuss experiences outside of Minecraft that may involve the same tasks and/or responsibilities.
    • Provide more information on why we should choose you - what makes you different, what qualities.
    I'll check back after 72 hours! Hopefully you make the edits suggested,

~ Lauren

7. DJDUDE9903

DJDUDE9903 New Member

Thank you for the advice Lauren.
    I have added some things in the recommended areas.
    I hope that this is good enough to bring me over to the next stage.

Thanks for spending your time on going through my application.

:D

8. Lauren_Lawson

Lauren_Lawson Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello,

After reviewing your logs on the server we can see that you very easily loose your temper at other players in messages (for which you have been punished for fairly recently). You also are an avid coinflipper which is not great for potential mods as coinflipping takes over your chat so you would potentially miss things in chat. Due to these reasons I will be denying this application at this stage.

If you work on these things you can re-apply in two weeks.

~Lauren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.