Join our official Skyblock City Discord Server for the latest giveaways, events and more!

skyblock.city

Click to copy ip address!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event Skyblock City - Build Event (August)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Cide, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cide

Cide Owner Staff Member Owner

Cide
    [​IMG]

EVENT CLOSED!
    Hello everybody,

Today I am announcing our second build event, with this month being August! Our last build event (July being the 'Space' theme) had some amazing entries and I'm sure this month we can do even better! Below is some important information!

Information (August)!
    The theme for this month will be 'Aquatic'! As everybody knows Minecraft had a huge update that focused on the ocean side of Minecraft, adding so much more content. The server has 1.13 support but no 1.13 blocks/features, but, to celebrate the 1.13 release we wanted to do the aquatic theme - something dynamic.

Build alone or together with friends, anybody can enter! We want to see high levels of creativity whilst sticking to the 'Aquatic' theme this month. Only the island leader can respond to this thread (if an island wins this event the island leader will be given the giftcard to decide if they want to distribute it, etc).

What you build is up to you, however, unlike last months theme this theme is extremely dynamic and can include pirate ships, modern builds, ruins, viking builds, etc. The creativity is all on you! It's highly suggested you work together with friends to try and compete in this event, however, solo entries can be just as strong!

Important Dates:
    Theme: Aquatic.
    Entry Time: August 5th - August 31st at 11:59pm BST.
    Judge Date (winner announcement): 4th of September.

Format (required):
    Island Leader (Username):
    Build Information:
    Build Status:

Example response:
    Island Leader (Username): Cide.

Build Information: I built bikini bottom with a huge Krusty Krab build, bla, bla, bla!
    Build Status: Fully complete.

Rewards/Winners?
    Within this event we will be rewarding the top 3 winners with Buycraft giftcards to use on our webstore (the island leaders would receive the giftcard and can choose to distribute it with their island members if they wish). The winners will be announced on the 4th of September and contacted the same day (island leaders will be sent a mail in-game).

#1 - $85 store giftcard.
    #2 - $60 store giftcard.
    #3 - $35 store giftcard.

Rules!
    - All entries must be entered via this thread (responding to this thread) by the 31st of August.
    - Must follow the specified theme.
    - No duplicate entries or bumping your responses.
    - Can use donation and vote perks like /fly.
    - Can have as much help as possible from other members.
    - Do not use any disallowed modifications like schematica/printer (punishable).

Support?
    We provide many methods of support, including our forums, Discord and via email. If you need help then create a thread within the correct area on our forums, however, Discord would be a more direct method to contact a staff member. Payment issues can also be sent to either myself or Mineh or emailed to support@skyblock.city. Below will be some useful links:

Best of luck to everybody!

~ Skyblock City, Leadership Team

2. Soda

Soda New Member

Island Leader (Username): scully72
    Build Information: An aquatic facility Built at the bottom of my island With a small shipwreck main build finished within the first 24 hours
    Build Status:Complete

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. Corbernator

Corbernator New Member

Island Leader (Username): Corbernator
    Build Information: Bikini Bottom and a wave with a surfer
    Build Status: half done

Soda likes this.
  4. Silver569

Silver569 New Member

Island Leader (Username): Silver569
    Build Information: A friend and i built a lake surrounded by a forest with a lot of cool features like two caves, a waterfall and underground ruins.
    Build Status: Almost Done.

5. Depwession

Depwession New Member

Island Leader (Username): Ghostb9y
    Build Information: I built a coral reef, theres a shipwreck and several facts about our oceans scattered around the reef!
    Build Status: Partially Complete

6. LDN_Gamer

LDN_Gamer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Island Leader (Username): LDN_Gamer
    Build Information: I built a deserted underwater palace (not atlantis though) that has become home to the surrounding sea life. There are many sea creatures such as turtles and fish that surround this build. There is also a Poseidon statue.
    Build Status: 100% complete

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  7. Loupique

Loupique New Member

Foreign Relations and Marketing Administration
    Island Leader (Username): Loupique
    Build information: sea serpentine wrapped around a fountain depicting the strengths of the seven seas.
    Build status: complete

8. JPCore

JPCore Whatever makes you sleep at night...

TI - Construction & Architect education - Student.
    JPCore
    Island Leader (Username):
    • JPCore

Build Information:
    • My island crew and I made a trading village next to a big river with a trade-boat and some smaller fishing boats around it, the river has been detailed to suit the whole theme but for this build contest I've divided my island into bigger parts, for now you can obviously see where I've made this but I will use
    markings later on for future build comps IF the theme is close to the current one!

• This project has been built in the Conquest texture pack and the KUDA shaders pack. I recommend getting those before reviewing to get the best experience out of it.

Build Status:

• At this moment 95%.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Daycelo likes this.
  9. RoyalRampage

RoyalRampage New Member

Island Leader (Username): RoyalRampage
    Build Information: I build a floating island surrounded by water. There is a fully furnished Lighthouse in the middle of the small island. Outside the island there are five boats; A Pirate ship, a sailboat, a Navy Ship, a small coast guard boat, and a submarine below the island.
    Build Status: Done

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  10. jen2673

jen2673 New Member

Island Leader: jen2673
    Build Information: I built a swimming pool complete with lane swimming, diving boards, a hot tub and lounge chairs around the pool.
    Build Status: Done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.